When Enough is Enough

3:23 PM

Image result for calligraphy bible verse weheartit
Cr: Pinterest
There have been instances in my life wherein I still try to push myself harder in order to achieve my limits, sometimes I get the most horrifying consequence or I can only benefit from it in the short term. I have been in a relationship where I was too selfless and the person was not true to his words. A close friend of mine described me as naive, that's why I make reckless decisions most of the time.

School has been tough for me, oh yes I know I have mentioned it countless of times because it emphasises my struggle.

One time, gumawa kami ng hand cream during Chemistry. Tapos while we were melting the beeswax and the olive oil, tumalsik  sa kamay ko and nagka-first degree burn ako. 

Awh, poor me. Eh kasi nga, I'm lacking those skillz and also, I'm a klutz. Christmas gift na daw sakin yun nung Chemistry teacher ko. 

That experience supported my title for this blogpost, as I tried so hard even though I wasn't certain of my actions. And truly, it led to an appalling result. The hand cream smelled like bread, though, it was sickening.

To be honest, people around me are expecting the best out of me. Sometimes, I kept on persisting just to impress them. My expected grades for my GCSE's were high and occasionally, I can't help but wonder if I can meet that certain expectation.

Sometimes, I can't even take a breather as I need to keep up with these expectations. It was suffocating, and I needed to take a release. There have been moments where I'm in a point of giving up, as I cannot handle too much. I'm human, I have certain limitations and I cannot reach all of your expectations.

I am simply trying my best and is still persevering despite all these pieces of baggage.

I am flawed, I make mistakes and it's normal.

The thing is, due to all of the obstacles in my life, I have occasionally pleased the Lord. I have done some jaw-dropping actions and uttered ill-mannered remarks. I became inconsistent with my quiet time with my Father.
Cr: Tumblr

I realised that enough is enough, that I can manage my time and spend time with the people I love while accomplishing my priorities. That everything doesn't have to revolve around that special someone, that I need to stop worrying about the future and that everything is in the Lord's hands.

Also, I should've said no when I was stuck in the dilemma and the only options were sinning and not.

I am imperfect. Yet my Lord is perfect, He is unparalleled, He is forgiving. And, He loves you.

You will get exhausted if you don't stop focusing on your own strength, this situation has happened to me but why not focus on God- in His love and in Him alone? There's nothing wrong in surrendering yourself to Him and the more you look at Him, the better you will be. You just have to wait for God to work within you completely and be patient with yourself just like Him with all of us.


-Anne



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe