My Thoughts Under the Influence of Caffeine

6:45 PM


It has been nearly a month since I have stayed here in London while writing this blog post. It was such a fast transition from the Philippines' warm climate to London's chilly and rainy weather. The fact that most of the people I know and had memories with were in fact 6000 miles away from me, timezone differences didn't play an important role in communication either.

"Ma, pwede na ba akong mag-sweater or bomber jacket? Ang lamig na eh." -Me
"Ha?! Summer pa lang, nilalamig ka na? Paano pa kaya sa mga susunod na buwan?" -Mom

"Baket walang lasa ung (ibang) pagkain dito?" -Me
"Pinapatay na tayo sa Pinas sa sobrang alat at tamis ng pagkain, mas mabuti na dito." -Mom

Ouch naman, Mommy. You do have a point, though.

Most of the people I knew wanted to come to this place, but I really wanted to refuse so badly. They say it's better for me to continue studying as I can have better job opportunities than studying in the Philippines. Speaking of studying, I am so pressured with school. The fact that I jumped 2 years in high school was a massive change. I didn't even know what a GCSE or an A level/BTEC is, to begin with. I needed to do course works for History, Citizenship, Biology, Chemistry and Physics (I think I have missed a Child Development coursework as well). Which was so pressuring for a person entering a new environment and a new school with a different curriculum?


Caffeine-fueled nights of revision was almost spent every week as my teachers always gave out practice tests for us. What a disaster. Honestly, I have two tests due on Friday and a coursework research task for Physics as well as homework for Citizenship which are all due on the same date. What is rest? I do have to accept it though since this is my final year of high school and the amount of stress is acceptable.

Dadami na talaga pimples ko nito at titindi na eyebags ko.

Kidding aside, I am still grateful that I am here in my situation right now even though I have a pile of school works to do. I knew that this was bound to happen and that I can always rely on Him for everything even if I feel like giving up. He has planned my life well so there's no need to be anxious. Occasionally, there will always be nights of nostalgic thoughts as most of the memories I had cannot simply be forgotten. And I am thankful for the people who has been part of it.

Sorry Via, you look ridiculous.


In the meantime, I really need to finish my school work and I am sorry for not updating this blog.

Have a lovely day ahead.
-Leannel ♥

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe