Study Tips

11:30 AM



Studying, oh that word. It makes me want to puke. (Sorry for those who are eating, haha!) Kidding aside, I procrastinate a lot before I grab that textbook and read my lessons. Typical student behavior? I think so. I looked for a lot of tips to get rid of my bad study habits and here's what worked for me:


1. Stay away from distractions!

I have the attention span of a goldfish and truly, that notification ring captures my attention so say goodbye to focus because it was nice knowing you. Here's what I do: I turn off the phone and put it at the other end of the room. I don't like studying with music because I tend to jam with the song, but if it helps you, well, go ahead!

2. Get enough rest.

When you're sleepy, it makes you difficult to concentrate. You'll have a hard time revising your lesson and at the same time, you're also battling with restlessness. I will sleep early, and then wake up at two or three in the morning because our brain activity is at its peak at those hours then I will begin studying.

3. Flashcards and study materials!

Flashcards helped me a lot when there were lots of terminologies and formulas! Simply put the question at the back and answer on the front and you can test yourself on the go. You can also summarize your notes or jot down the things you have trouble with so it makes understanding them easier!

4. Put your mind to it.

Think about why you need to study hard:  Is it for a secure job? To make your parents proud? To get something in return? It is best if you are motivated while you're studying so you keep on persevering.

5. Your grades don't define you.

Whether you got an A or a C-, it doesn't determine who you are as a person. If you got a bad grade, do not feel bad about it. There are so many things a person can do despite getting that failed mark or not. Your grades don't decide who you are, it is only you who can do that.


You are blessed because you have a good education. Study hard and reach your goal. Do not aim for a number, a grade or a score, aim for success! Those numbers mean nothing if they were received by the wrong means.

~Anne

Photo not mine, credits to owner.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe